Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TIP OF THE DAY - WEDNESDAY

THINK SPRING... Oh beautiful spring, new beginnings, beautiful flowers, green buds on the trees, tree blossoms, the smell of fresh green grass, and of course spring cleaning. I LOVE IT ALL... I eat when Calvin is gone and I am bored. So the simple answer is stay busy and don't let Calvin leave. Well that isn't going to work at least the keeping Calvin at home. He has to work and his job takes him out of town. The part where I am bored is entirely my own fault. I know it is winter, which is dark and gloomy outside but Spring is just around the corner, or so I am told. I have a suggestion for us all. Let's take on a BIG BIG BIG spring cleaning project. It will require work. First you have to decide on the project, work up a plan to accomplish the project, gathering the materials needed for your project, and then get going. Remember part of the planning is working the budget. Yes I know that is an ugly word but necessary. I have decided to go through this house one room at a time to keep myself busy. I have painted the small bedroom and all it needs now is to hang some pictures. I have about 40 plus quilt blocks finished so far and so the month of April I will work on my bedroom. I am planning on painting 3 walls white and the one accent wall will be painted red, the color of the backing and center of the quilt blocks and also paint the 2 dressers and 2 nightstands that same color red. The month of March I am working on the kitchen. Joleane will be down this next weekend and she is going to help me paint the kitchen ceiling and then I will paint the walls the same shade of white as the ceiling. The only other thing I want to do in the kitchen is replace all my dishes and curtains. I don't need to change them, I just really want to. I have just spent 15 minutes on this post and have 2 months worth of spring cleaning projects that will keep me busy and away from eating. If this sounds like just too much work, start off slow, maybe just 1 closet each week or month. I promise if you start some cleaning projects, you will be happy with the outcome of a new clean home but you will be moving more and losing pounds and inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment