Sunday, March 13, 2011

TIP OF THE DAY - SUNDAY

FOCUS ON PEOPLE... To often, food takes center stage of our holiday gatherings. Instead, focus on your loved ones, activities, and other traditions that make your time together special.
It seems that any time family or friends gather there is ALWAYS food served. I know I am in charge of the women's activity each month and one of the first thing I decide after the theme is how am I going to decorate and what will we serve. I need to remember WE DON'T HAVE TO EAT A BIG MEAL AT EVERY GATHERING. We have been told to simplify so for April we will just serve cookies and milk or cupcakes and milks. We could even change the cupcakes into muffins. Might just be a few less calories. It just takes a little planning but I think we should all be able to gather with family and friends and not add 5 pounds to our weight. Try it next time you get together and then let me know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment